Monday, September 14, 2009

Toddler 'sworn at on receipt'

A 2-year-old girl was branded a "littell (sic) f**ker" on an itemised receipt given to her parents at a Mexican restaurant.

Kimberley and Craig Cartin, who were sat in the kid's zone of Cactus Joe's in Halifax, said that their daughter Molly's response to the allegedly slow service and poor food may have triggered the incident, the Halifax Evening Courier reports.

As well as the prices of their meals and their food preferences, the receipt listed the item "1 x Thankyyoulittelf**ker".

Craig explained: "I'm a fairly easy-going guy, but I couldn't believe my eyes. The meal was indifferent anyway but to be abused on the bill is unbelievably offensive. It's awful behaviour.

"Molly was a bit grumbly but her behaviour was not terrible, so this was just uncalled for. Presumably they had meant to delete the insult before printing the bill, but it's still no excuse."

Restaurant owner Steve Ryan added: "This was absolutely inexcusable and it won't be tolerated. The person involved has been sacked and I am planning on consulting my lawyers to see if I can take further action against her.

"I have visited the customer involved and invited him to be our guest this weekend. We offer unreserved apologies."



Digital Spy

No comments:

Post a Comment