Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cat ate 500 euro note

Judges have refused to overturn a decision by German bank bosses who would not replace a 500 euro note after a customer claimed it had been eaten by his cat.

The court in Frankfurt ruled that to prove the claim Peter Neumann would have to rescue undigested scraps of the banknote from his pet's litter tray and present them as evidence for an appeal.

Judges said that they wanted to be completely sure that it was from a single note which had been eaten by a cat.

But Neumann said: "I have already searched through lots of cat litter and I probably threw out the evidence without realising.

"I clear out my cat's litter tray every day and the evidence is going to be long gone by now.

"It's not that I don't want to go looking through pet excrement to get what's rightfully mine, it's just that the evidence really isn't around any more. I don't know what else I can do."


Ananova

No comments:

Post a Comment