Monday, December 21, 2009

Cow 'jumped 6ft onto roof'

Posted Image

A suspected burglary has been solved in Somerset - after a neighbour spotted a cow jumping on to a roof.

The householder, of Blagdon, thought she had been broken into after coming home to find her roof badly damaged.

She called in the police - but then a neighbour came forward with some surprising information, reports the Daily Telegraph.

William de Cothi, 17, had photographed the animal after he spotted it on the roof about six feet off the ground.

The Sixth Form student said: "I was looking out of my window when I saw the cow.

"At first I thought that it was an illusion and that it was in the background and not really on the roof. But after a closer look I could see it was actually on the roof.

"I have heard cows can jump quite high, so I think that is how it got up there. I got my family to come and look later and they laughed. It was absolutely amazing."

Local PC Ray Bradley said: "This was initially recorded on my figures as a burglary so I am glad I can take it off.

"If it wasn't for the door-to-door enquires and this photo we wouldn't have found out it was a cow responsible."

Ananova

No comments:

Post a Comment