Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Teen's tummy ache was a baby

Source: Ananova

A teenage barmaid was rushed into hospital with stomach pains - and then gave birth to a baby daughter.

Rachael Yanetta had no idea she was pregnant - and the first ex-boyfriend Matthew Burns knew was when she sent him a picture message from her phone.

"I'm still in complete shock," said Miss Yannetta, of South Shields. "Surprise isn't the word, the whole family's stunned."

She was pulling pints when she started complaining of stomach cramps but she battled through the pain, completing her shift before returning home in a taxi at midnight.

But as the pain worsened, her family decided to take her to accident and emergency at South Tyneside District Hospital at about 3am.

"When I got there I started bleeding and the pain was unbearable. The nurse said 'I think you might be pregnant', and everyone just froze, I didn't believe her," said Miss Yannetta.

By 4.15am, the teenager had given birth to a baby girl, weighing 7lbs 10oz, who she has named Grace.

Mr Burns, 18, who had a relationship with Miss Yannetta last year, said: "I woke up on the Sunday morning and saw that Rachael sent me a picture message of a baby.

"I replied, asking 'who's this?' and she said 'it's our daughter'. I thought it was a wind-up but it turned out to be real.

"I had mixed emotions because I was so shocked, but at the same time she's amazing, and I'm looking forward to being her dad. I've told Rachael I will always be there for Grace."

No comments:

Post a Comment