Monday, March 02, 2009

Man finds lost mobile phone inside fish

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/a148109/ma...nside-fish.html

A man has been reunited with his missing mobile phone after it turned up in the belly of a cod.

Businessman Andrew Cheatle thought that he had lost the phone for good after it slipped out of his pocket while he was walking his dog on a beach in West Sussex.

However, one week later he received a call from fisherman Glen Kerley saying that he had retrieved the Nokia handset from the stomach of a 25lb cod.

Speaking to The Sun, Cheatle said: "I thought he was winding me up but he assured me he had caught a cod that morning and was gutting it for his fish stall and that my Nokia was inside it - a bit worse for wear.

"I didn’t believe him but went to meet him and found it was my phone - a bit smelly and battered - but incredibly it still worked after I let it dry out.

"It was working but it kept playing up so I had to get the circuit board changed in the end. But now it’s fine. I know it sounds a fishy tale but it is 100% true."

Kerley admitted that he was not surprised by his find, saying: "Cod are greedy fish - they’ll eat anything. They have big heads and big mouths. I’ve found plastic cups, stones, teaspoons, batteries and I’ve also heard of someone finding false teeth in one."

No comments:

Post a Comment