Sunday, April 29, 2012

Capella Singapore Sentosa Apr 2012 Overview

Capella Singapore
The Capella is a (5-star) hotel located on Sentosa and exudes discreet elegance and charm without being ostentatious. Catered towards both tourists and locals who want something near nature and away from the maddening crowds and bustle of the city. With 112 rooms spanning over a large property, you will not really experience the sometimes-noisy crowds at hotels. It is really a totally different experience and though you have to splurge a bit (or a lot depending on your budget), it is definitively worth the experience! Capella's architecture is a clever mix of traditional colonial building with an ultramodern semi-circle where the rooms are located.

Finding the right hotel just got a whole lot easier - HotelsCombined.comWith my birthday around the corner, I decided on another staycation after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. Now I didn’t get the most expensive room, just the Garden Premier room with on average costs S$700++. Good thing I managed to find an offer that was about 10% cheaper. You can read more about my staycation experience here.

I must say that the Tripadvisor reviews were pretty accurate: the place was nice and the service was a little more than your usual 5-star hotel, and yes they even managed to remember my name during my short stay there. Getting to the Capella was a little more challenging than the Mövenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa as it is located some distance away from the Imbiah station on the Sentosa Express. I should have just called to made transport arrangements, but lesson learnt. We ended up taking a taxi on Sentosa...Read more>>

No comments:

Post a Comment