Sunday, February 22, 2009

Man drinks nothing but Coke - for 40 years

Source: Ananova

A Croatian man says he's in perfect health - after drinking nothing but Coca-Cola for more than 40 years.

Pero Ajtman, 71, of Karanac, started his Coke only diet in 1968 after promising his mum he wouldn't drink alcohol.

"My mum didn't like me drinking when I was a young man as she was very religious. She made me promise never to drink again and Coca-Coca was the only thing that tasted as good as wine so I started drinking that," Ajtman told daily 24 Sata.

But the pensioner was soon hooked and stopped drinking anything but the fizzy soft drink.

"Now I have a glass in the morning, before and after lunch, with my dinner and then before I go to bed. I never drink anything else," he said.

"My mother isn't here to tell me not to drink anymore but I'm not even tempted to quit coke for alcohol. Coke is my drug now, and I'll drink it till I die."

No comments:

Post a Comment